Five local museums, historic sites win PA grants
HARRISBURG PA – More than $ 58,000 in grants under two programs administered by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission were awarded Wednesday, December 8, 2021 to museums and historical institutions in Pennsburg, Audubon, Boyertown and Yellow Springs, state announced. The money was part of more than $ 2 million distributed for cultural and historical support and record maintenance.
The Montgomery, Berks, and Chester County organizations within The Posts coverage area that won historical and cultural support funds were:
- John James Audubon Center in Audubon, $ 10,652;
- Schwenkfelder Library and Heritage Center in Pennsburg, $ 9,077;
- Boyertown Historic Vehicle Museum in Boyertown, $ 8,442;
- Colebrookdale Railroad Preservation Trust (at the top), also in Boyertown, $ 17,158; and
- Historic Yellow Springs Inc. in Yellow Springs, $ 11,311.
An additional grant of $ 2,000 for the maintenance of historical and archival records was also awarded to the Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles.
The commission is the official history agency of the Commonwealth of Nations. Its grants go to organizations that typically lack the support of other state agencies, operate with annual budgets of $ 100,000 or more, and employ at least one full-time staff member. The prices represent a percentage based on a formula of the budget of the previous year of each organization.
Photo by posts